Our thanks to...
The Tantallon Village Farmers Market has received tremendous support and encouragement since its inception in August of 2012. This page is where we express our thanks and appreciation to people and organizations who have been particularly helpful to the market.
- Shari Johnson For allowing us to use the fabulous location. Without a location there would be no market and our current location is right at the crossroads with excellent visibility.
- John and Shelly Glover / Redmonds Hardware - For their ongoing support and encouragement. Redmond's is a gem of a hardware store, locally owned and with friendly knowledgable staff.
- Bay Treasure Chest which, through their honoraria program, supports many worthwhile non-profit groups in the area including the Tantallon Market.
- Matt Whittman / HRM - for a $2500 grant which helped us to make progress far faster than we could have on our own. The grant covered an important upgrade to our electrical supply (which in our first year was woefully inadaquate), an excellent storage shed (which means we don't have to be trailering our tables, tents and other items in and out each week) and for the tables and chairs used in the seating area.
- Transition Bay St. Margaret's - For a $1000 grant which went to much improved signage and to having the far end of the market site developed by removing protruding rocks and putting down additional crushed stone. The site improvement has allowed us to expand the market to significantly more vendors than we could accomodate in our first year.